Unpaid Wage Lawyer

Free consultation.

Employment law attorney, Brad Nakase, protects employees from employers abuse. One of the most significant employment law claims is unpaid wages; money damages awarded in unpaid wages are the most considerable portion of all employment law claims in California. If you believe you were unpaid for hours, work, not given a break, not given lunch, and not paid for all overtime worked, please contact our unpaid wage lawyer for free legal advice.

Call Now Free: 888-600-8665

Send Brad an EMAIL.

If your employer has not paid you the wages you are due, our California employment lawyers are here to help. Once you have raised the issue of unpaid wages and the employer has not resolved the issue, you should contact our expert team to discuss your case.

We have a successful track record with unpaid wages claims and will handle your case for a quick and effective resolution. Our mission is to ensure you have the compensation you are due so you can support your family.

How Do We Handle Unpaid Wage Claim Cases?

If you aren’t paid wages, you may struggle to keep the roof over your head or your electricity on. More importantly, you deserve to be paid for your hard work and not struggle financially after you have worked hard for your employer. The first step in resolving unpaid wage claims is to contact your boss and bring the mistake to their attention. If they have been unhelpful and have not resolved the issue, you need to seek immediate legal assistance.

Nakase Law Firm’s attorneys are highly skilled in employment law and will help you determine if you have a case or not. We offer free consultations where we will listen to the facts of your situation and prepare a personalized plan of action to bring about a just result.

We Can Handle Unpaid Overtime and Wages Claims

At Nakase Law Firm, we can handle any California unpaid wage claims. We have dealt with the following kinds of cases:

  • Unpaid overtime wage
  • Unpaid minimum wage
  • Unpaid double-time wage
  • Unpaid commissions wage
  • Unpaid accrued vacation pay wage
  • Denied meal periods (e.g. lunch breaks) wage
  • Unreimbursed uniforms or tools wage
  • Unreimbursed mileage wage
  • Failure to account or pay commissions, shift difference, or bonuses in overtime pay
  • Failure to reimburse employees for business expenses
  • Underpaying wages due to rounding time worked rather than clocked in hours
  • Failure to pay employees for time spent putting on protective gear before clocking in
  • Failure to pay employees for time spent walking to and from workstations at the start and end of their shift
  • Failure to pay wages owed at termination in a timely manner
  • Failure to pay out accrued vacation wages at termination
  • Failure to pay an hourly wage at or above local or state minimum wage
  • Failure to pay minimum wage for non-productive time for employees on commission or piece-rate basis
  • Failure to pay prevailing wages for any work on public work projects

If you believe you have been underpaid or not paid for your work, then you need to seek legal advice from Nakase Law Firm. We will help you put together a strong case with our expertise and resources behind you. Contact us for a free consultation to receive the support and guidance you need.

What should I do if I haven’t received a paycheck, including all the hours I worked?

It is essential to make a record of the hours you worked during the pay period. Keep a record of any extra expenses because the paycheck was late. The first step is to bring the unpaid wages to your employer’s attention and give them a chance to rectify the issue. It could have just been due to a clerical error or bank issue. If it were a simple mistake, the bank or your employer would cover the extra costs due to the unpaid wages. If it was intentional, then you will receive compensation for your claim.

What should I do if I haven’t be paid for some of the hours in my recent paycheck?

Immediately keep a copy of the cashed check, your pay stub, and a record of the work hours during that pay period. Talk to your employer about why you were underpaid and give them a chance to fix the error if it was an honest mistake. If it were purposeful, you would be compensated when you file a claim. The federal law requires all workers to be paid for all of the hours they work.

What should I do if my employer’s check bounced?

The law requires your employer have sufficient funds to cover payroll checks. If your wage checks bounce, you should speak to your employer to see if it was an honest mistake. Keep all documentation such as your pay stub, a record of your hours, and documents from your checking account if you need to seek legal action.

My employer is not paying me minimum wage, is there anything I can do?

Your employer must pay you the higher out of the state or federal minimum wage. If you are being paid less than that then you should contact the US Department of Labor’s Wage-Hour Division as this is illegal.

My employer is not paying me for the overtime hours I worked, what can I do?

You are eligible for the extra payment if you work more than eight hours a day or forty hours a week. Your overtime hours should be paid at 1.5 times your usual hourly rate. If you work over twelve hours a day, you should receive double time for those extra hours.

My cash register was short, it was not my fault but my employer deducted it from my paycheck. What can I do?

Unfortunately, in this case, there is nothing you can do. The federal law only states that deductions cannot cause your hourly rate to drop below minimum wage. It also cannot lower your overtime compensation. However, if your hourly rate is higher than the minimum wage, then there is not much you can do about it, even if you are innocent.

I have not received the bonus I was promised, what can I do?

You cannot seek a federal agency’s advice, the Fair Labor Standards Act does not require the payment of bonuses. However, if your bonus was stated in your contract, you are entitled to it and you can take legal action. Make sure you have your bonus in a written letter so you can enforce it. First, speak to your employer about the issue. If you cannot resolve the issue with your employer, then you can speak to your attorney if it was a big bonus, or take it to small claims court for a small bonus.

I have not been paid the commissions I earned, what should I do?

You cannot seek a federal agency’s advice because the Fair Labor Standards Act does not regulate the payment of commissions. However, if the payment of commissions is in your contract, then you can seek the advice of an attorney for a large amount or go to small claims court for a small amount.

Brad Nakase, Attorney

Email Brad

AVVO Clients’ Choice Award 2019

Justia Highest Rating Honor 10

AVVO Highest Rated Lawyer 10

Business Trial Lawyer since 2005. Proven Results.

I’d like to hear your story. What happened?

© Copyright | Nakase Law Firm (2019)