Brad Nakase, Attorney
Poway Law Firm Specializing In Motorcycle Accidents
Have you or a member of your family been involved in a crash where you were seriously injured? Nakase Law Firm can help you claim the compensation you are entitled.
Here in Poway, serious and fatal motorcycle accidents are an everyday occurrence.
Driving is one of the most dangerous things we do, especially in urban areas such as Poway. With 15,000 motorcycle accidents a year, it is highly likely that residents of Poway are affected.
What Are The Common Causes of Motorcycle Accidents?
Although we call it a motorcycle accident, there is often one party at fault in a motorcycle crash. Whether it is due to negligence of a driver, a malfunctioning part, or external factors like road condition or weather. In Poway the most common causes of motorcycle accidents are:
- Dangerous or poorly maintained roads for which government entities can be held partly liable for a motorcycle crash.
- Inclement weather and the subsequent bad road conditions and reduced driver visibility.
- Driver negligence through behaviors like driving under the influence, speeding, running red lights, or acting aggressively.
- Defective parts in one of the motorcycles can mean the manufacturer is held liable for any injuries and damages.
What Are Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries?
One of the easiest damages to calculate when preparing a personal injury claim is your medical expenses. At Nakase we see all types of injuries from motorcycle accidents but the most common are:
- Brain injuries ranging from mild concussion to a victim being left in a coma. Medical treatment for brain injuries are costly with many scans and in some cases surgeries needed for a full recovery.
- Head and back injuries are just as serious as brain injuries and also have the potential to affect the life of the victim and their family for years in the future. In worst case scenarios paraplegia and quadriplegia can result from a motorcycle accident.
- Neck Injuries such as whiplash can occur from the violent collision in a motorcycle accident, especially in rear end collisions.
- Broken bones can take months or years to recover from depending on the severity. Either way the victim will require time off work for their recovery.
- Fatality – unfortunately they are too common in motorcycle accidents and can result instantly or later in hospital as a victim succumbs to their injury. Surviving family members can sue the responsible party in a wrongful death lawsuit.
What to Do In A Motorcycle Accident
Motorcycle accidents in Poway happen in the blink of an eye and it is often hard to act rationally as your body courses with adrenaline. However, there are a few necessary steps that need to be taken after a motorcycle accident to safe guard your legal rights.
- Call 911 to call the police, and if needed an ambulance. The safety of you and your passengers is paramount after an accident. The police will also be able to provide you with a copy of the police report for your records.
- Gather information while still at the scene of the accident. Insist on a police report, take photos of the accident scene, damage to motorcycles and your injuries, take contact details of witnesses as well as the driver of the other car. Keep any bills or receipts related to the motorcycle crash and your subsequent medical treatment.
- Seek medical attention. Even if you feel fine, seek medical advice as it is common not to feel the extent of your injuries while your body is full of adrenaline. This will also help your insurance claim.
- Never admit fault to anyone whether that is bystanders, police, the other driver, and definitely not any insurance agencies. An admission of guilt could jeopardize your insurance claim, where possible leave all correspondence with an insurance company to your attorney.
- Consult a personal injury lawyer who specializes motorcycle accidents. They will file an insurance claim on your behalf as well as help you to calculate the compensation you are eligible for, and speak to insurance agencies for you.
- Notify your insurance agency that you have been involved in a motorcycle crash. They will ask you some questions to start your case but be careful what you say to them and refer them to your Poway motorcycle accident attorney if possible.
Call or Write for a Free Confidential Consultation
If you or someone you love need an aggressive and compassionate attorney who will listen and aggressively protect your interest, we invite you to call attorney Brad for a free consultation.
There is no money upfront.
$0 Unless We Win
No Fee – Unless We Win
98% Success Rate
98% of clients’ cases won.
I’ve worked at a prestigious international law firm, Bremer Whyte et. al., serving major insurance companies by defending insurance companies and their insureds who were sued for millions of dollars.
“In both cases, he combined skills and passion to help these clients to maintain their self sufficiency and dignity.” SDLVP
My success is measured in the real differences made to my clients’ quality of life. I focus on achieving the most exceptional and fairest compensation for my clients.