Has your employer withheld wages that you worked hard for? Legal action may be the only way you can recover your wages and receive compensation. Our wage and hour lawyer, Brad Nakase, would like to hear your story.
Call Free: 888-600-8654
Companies Wage and Hour Violations
Unfortunately, we see wage and hour violations all the time. While there are many different ways employers underpay their workers, the common cases our employment lawyers see are:
- Your employer did not pay the state minimum wage or over.
- Your employer did not pay you for all the hours worked. This includes if your employer requires you to take phone calls or respond to other communications while off the clock.
- Your employer did not pay you for your overtime. Your employer may have misclassified you as an exempt employee or independent contractor.
- Your employer did not allow you to take meal breaks where you were free of all duties. For every day you are not given a meal break, you are entitled to an hour of pay.
- Your employer did not allow you to take a rest break where you were free of all duties. For every day you are not given a meal break, you are entitled to an hour of pay.
- Your employer did not pay you for time spent in staff meetings or training (only applicable to commissioned employees.)
- Your employer requires you to provide your own tools or pay for work costs such as mileage or cellphone use.
If you have been a victim of any of these labor law violations, contact our employment lawyers immediately for a free consultation.
Do you have a question regarding wage and hour you need free legal advise?
Our wage and hour lawyers are experienced litigators with decades of experience in California employment law. We will listen to your case and advise if:
- You have an individual claim against your employer or former employer.
- You could bring a class-action lawsuit against your employer or former employer (if your colleagues have also been victims of the same labor law violations.)
At Nakase Law Firm, we have a pristine record of success as tenacious litigators. We offer a free consultation so we can advise if you have a claim and what the best course of action is. We are passionate members of the community and will give advice tailored to your situation and your best interests. We want to help you claim the compensation you deserve and stop your employer from violating employee rights.
Class Actions and PAGA Actions for Wage and Hour Violations
Employers hide arbitration agreements into employee contracts, barring them from class action lawsuits or other legal action. However, in California, it is illegal to bar an employee for exercising their right to representation. Regardless of your contract, seek legal advice if you believe you and your colleagues have been affected by a labor law violation. An employment attorney will let you know if a class action, PAGA action, or both is the best option for you.
Hire a Winning Wage and Hour Team
Our employment lawyers welcome you to book a free consultation to get legal advice if you believe you have been the victim of a labor law violation. We want to hear your story and help you to seek the compensation you deserve.
Call Nakase Law Firm free (888) 600-8654