Awards & Featured on
If your car accident in Temecula was not your fault, we understand it feels unfair to suffer when you did nothing wrong. Our car accident lawyers serving Temecula will assist you in claiming compensation from the liable party. No amount of money can replace your losses, but this compensation is vital for your recovery and your future. The ways in which financial compensation will help are:
- Paying medical bills and rehabilitation costs
- Recovering lost wages while you were recovering
- Provides closure
- Act as a deterrent to the liable party against future negligence
- Gives you a sense of justice
Contact Nakase Law Firm on 888-600-8654 for a free consultation with a car accident lawyer.
Why Should I Hire A Car Accident Lawyer?
A lot of people think they will be able to handle a car accident claim themselves. Minor claims will be straightforward to settle by yourself. However, the higher the value of your claim, the less likely insurance agencies are to be fair. A car accident lawyer will ensure you receive compensation for all your damages.
It is easy to calculate medical bills and property damage. What is not easy to calculate is pain and suffering, and strain on your relationship. This is where a car accident attorney comes in; they will help you put a number to these damages and prove it in court. When your injuries have an impact on your life and lifestyle, you need to consult a car accident lawyer.
Book A Free Consultation With A Temecula Car Accident Lawyer Today
Brad Nakase is a Temecula car accident attorney who can help you maximize your compensation. Do not rely on the insurance company to guide you; let us protect your rights. Our car accident lawyers will negotiate with insurance companies and take them to court if necessary. All of our car injury lawyers are on a contingency fee, so we do not get paid until we win your case. Contact Nakase Law Firm at 888-600-8654 for a free consultation with a car accident lawyer.
What Should I Do Following A Car Accident In Temecula?
Our car accident lawyers see the devastation car crashes in Temecula cause every day. While they are a confusing and frightening time, there are a few steps you can take to protect your health and your rights.
- Call the police and get a police report. If you or anyone else has serious injuries, then call an ambulance.
- Get the names and contact numbers for any witnesses to the crash. Do not discuss the accident with them.
- Take down the licence and insurance details as well as the name and contact numbers of any other drivers.
- If you are not hurt, take photos of the accident scene, the damage to the cars, and any speed signs or street signs. Also, take photos of your injuries if possible.
- Answer the police officer’s questions, stick to the facts only. Do not admit any guilt or say anything you are unsure of. You will receive a copy of the police report after several days.
- Do not apologize, discuss the accident, or admit fault to anyone. This may be used against you later, and you do not know all the facts of the accident.
- Do not discuss your injuries with any witnesses or the other drivers unless they are treating you. If you have serious injuries, be sure to call an ambulance or ask someone to call you an ambulance.
What Should I Do After I Leave The Scene Of An Accident?
- Seek immediate medical attention even if you do not feel hurt. Adrenalin masks injuries so it is important to be checked over by a doctor.
- Do not give a recorded statement to an insurance adjuster.
- Do not sign anything or give the insurance company permission for anything. They may ask for a copy of your medical records but do not allow it until you have spoken to a car accident lawyer.
- Call Nakase Law Firm and book a free consultation to discuss your case with a car accident attorney. Even if you are in the hospital or at home recovering, our car injury attorneys can come to you.
How To Choose A Temecula Accident Lawyer
Not all car accident lawyers are the same; you will need a skilled car injury lawyer on your side. Here are some things to look out for when you are choosing a car accident lawyer.
- Choose a personal injury lawyer; they will be specialists in handling these sorts of claims. Look for a California Board Certification in personal injury trials. Personal injury lawyers can handle many different types of cases, so look for someone with experience in car crash cases.
- Choose a car accident lawyer with plenty of courtroom experience. You want someone who is not afraid to take your case to court if you do not receive a fair settlement. This means the lawyer will advise you of the best action for your case, instead of staying inside their comfort zone.
- Look for a car accident lawyer with an AVVO rating of 10 out of 10.
- Select a car accident attorney who has won high-value cases. If they are a member of the Million Dollar Advocates Forum, they have won a case worth over a million dollars.
- Look into your car accident lawyers team. Do they have experts on their books to help with your case? Most car accident cases will require expert testimony from accident reconstruction experts, medical experts, and safety engineers.
- Most car accident lawyers offer free consultations, take advantage of this and meet the lawyer before you hire them. Your case can sometimes take years, so make sure you have someone you feel comfortable with, and whose advice you trust.
How Do I File A California Police Report?
California law requires that accidents that cause injuries, $1000 in property damage, or a fatality must file a police report. The best way to file a police report is to call the police to the scene of the accident. This means that the officer will give citations if appropriate and record witness and driver details. Even if the police file a police report, take the driver and witness contact details for your records. If the police do not show up at the scene, you can file a report yourself online.
How Do I File An Insurance Claim?
It is important to file an insurance claim as quickly as possible following a car accident. If you hire a car accident lawyer, they will be able to file this insurance claim for you. Nakase Law Firm offers free consultations with its Temecula car accident attorneys. To file an insurance claim, you will need the following information:
- Location, date, and time of the car crash
- Your name and insurance policy details
- The licence plate and driver’s license numbers of the other driver
- Names, phone numbers, and phone numbers of all the involved drivers
If possible, get these details at the scene of the accident. The police will also get these details if you are unable to acquire them. Get the names and contact details of any witnesses to the collision so you car accident lawyer can get witness statements. Pictures of the scene and the damage to the vehicles will also be valuable evidence for your claim.
The most important thing to do following an accident though is to seek medical attention. Allow paramedics to treat and transport you if necessary. If you do not require emergency medical treatment, then head to the emergency room immediately after leaving the scene. Waiting to get treated might worsen your injuries or damage your case. The longer you wait between the accident and treatment, the easier it is for insurance companies to argue the crash did not cause your injuries. Your car accident lawyer works hard to counteract this argument, but the best defence is to seek immediate treatment.
Is There A Statute Of Limitations On Car Accidents?
Yes. In California, you have two years after the date of your car accident to file a claim. If the car accident results in a fatality, it is two years after the time of death. If you are a minor, then it will be two years from the date you turn eighteen. This is why it is important to hire a car accident lawyer right away to start the claims process.
What Are The Causes Of Car Accidents in Temecula?
Most car accidents in Temecula are due to driver negligence, whether that is drunk driving, being distracted, or not following road rules. The most frequent causes of car accidents in California are:
- Distracted driving – talking or texting on the cell phone is the most common example of this. However, distraction also includes talking to passengers, changing the radio, eating, or doing makeup.
- DUI – alcohol and drugs impair reaction time, decision making, and judgement, so it’s no wonder it causes car accidents. The legal limit for alcohol in California is 0.08, and going over the limit can mean heavy fines and jail time.
- Teenage drivers – young drivers are more susceptible to car crashes due to less experience and distracted driving.
- Making unsafe lane changes or illegal turns
- Not driving for the weather conditions
- Disregarding red lights or stop signs
- Not maintaining your vehicle properly
- Poor road design or maintenance.
Types Of Car Accident Injuries Temecula
Our car accident lawyers often see the life-changing effects of car crashes. Some of the injuries we see often are:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Internal bleeding
- Facial disfigurement
- Chronic pain
- PTSD, Anxiety, or phobias
- Torn ligaments and tendons
Liability Laws In California
In California, your car accident lawyer needs to prove the other party was negligent at the time of the accident. To do so, they must prove the following things:
- Duty – Your car accident attorney must show that the driver owed you a duty of care. Under the law, all drivers have a duty to drive safely and with care for those around them.
- Breach of duty – If a reasonable person would have known their actions could cause an accident, then the driver is considered negligent. This takes into account what information the driver had to react to.
- Causation – The car accident attorney must show their client’s damages are due to the accident. This, in turn, means that the injuries and property damage were caused by the driver’s negligence.
- Damages – Your car accident lawyer will present proof of your monetary losses. This may be in the form of medical bills, car repair bills, and rental car receipts.
Once your car accident attorney proves all those four things, the negligent party is liable for your damages.
In California, there are comparative liability laws which mean that if you are partially liable for the accident, you can still claim compensation. Your settlement will be reduced by the percentage of your liability. For example, if your compensation is $100,000 and you were 20% at fault, you will receive $80,000. If you are 99% liable for the car accident you can still claim compensation, there is no cap.
Book A Free Consultation With Nakase Law Firm’s Car Accident Lawyers
Brad Nakase, a Temecula car accident attorney, offers free consultations so you can discuss your case. He will examine the facts, inform you of your rights, and advise how to proceed. With 15 years’ experience as a car accident lawyer, Brad Nakase will maximize your compensation. He is an aggressive trial lawyer and dedicated to his clients. All of Nakase Law Firm’s car accident lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means you do not pay us until we win your case. Contact Nakase Law Firm on 888-600-8654 for a free consultation with a car accident lawyer.
Brad Nakase, Attorney
AVVO Clients’ Choice Award 2019
Justia Highest Rating Honor 10
AVVO Highest Rated Lawyer 10
Business Trial Lawyer since 2005. Proven Results.