Whiplash injuries are caused because of the stretching and tearing of the ligaments and muscles of the neck due to a sudden stop in a car accident. Settlements involving neck injuries can vary significantly; our cases have settled anywhere from $5,000 to $50,000 for neck injuries alone. If the neck injury causes neck fusion, then the compensation can be up to hundreds of thousands of dollars. The injury may affect your ability to work and result in long term pain and loss of movement. If this is the case, then the award will be much higher than a minor neck injury as the long-term effects need to be taken into account.
The amount a personal injury victim will receive for a neck injury is based on numerous factors. Brad Nakase, California personal injury lawyer, offers free consultations so you can discuss your case and the value of compensation. Call Nakase Accident Lawyers & Employment Attorneys on 888-600-8654.
Calculating the Value of a Neck Injury
Every year there are approximately 2 million whiplash injuries in the United States. Each and every single one of these cases received different settlements depending on the circumstances of the accident and the severity of the injury. Motor vehicle accidents are one of the most common causes of neck and spinal cord due to the momentum of a sudden impact.
While they can occur in any motor vehicle accident, they are most common in rear-end crashes. In the United States, there are 1.7 million rear-end accidents every year, and approximately 500,000 people are injured annually in these types of accidents. Even a minor fender-bender can cause whiplash, which is more serious than people think. Brad Nakase sympathizes with the pain and suffering of neck injuries, and the length of time it can prevent people from living their life as normal. He has successfully represented many neck injury victims and will put all of his experience, skill, and resources towards winning your case.
The amount of compensation for your neck injury is based on:
- Past and future medical bills – Be sure to keep all medical records for your injuries, including doctors’ letters, receipts, bills, and hospital statements.
- Lost wages – Document how long you are unable to work because of your injuries and retain your pay stubs from that period.
- The severity of the injury – Your lawyer will consult your doctor to determine the severity of your injury. The higher the severity of your injuries, the more you will be paid as it will attract larger care bills, more trauma, and be life-changing.
- How it has affected your life – In some cases you may not be able to participate in hobbies you enjoyed. You may also need to make modifications to your house or vehicle because of the injury.
- The expected duration of the symptoms – The longer an injury is expected to affect your life, the more compensation you will receive.
- The insurance coverage of the negligent party – Insurance policies have a maximum claim amount, and that will be the maximum you will be able to recover.
- The percentage of fault of the other party – California is a comparative liability state, meaning that you will still receive compensation if you are partly to blame for the accident. Your compensation will be reduced by the percentage of blame the judge assigns to you.
- Whether the defendant is a sympathetic individual or an unsympathetic corporation – jurors tend to be more sympathetic towards individuals who are minimally negligent rather than a business or corporation. If the defendant is a negligent or malicious individual or a large corporation, then the settlement amount is unlikely to be affected by juror sympathy.
Calculating compensation is not a straightforward matter, but Brad Nakase offers free consultations to allow accident victims to discuss their rights and the value of their case with a lawyer. He believes everybody has a right to high-quality legal representation if they are injured by the negligence of others.
How To Maximize Your Settlement
Working with a skilled and experienced personal injury lawyer like Brad Nakase will improve your success and maximize your compensation. A lawyer is an asset in cases like this as they will gather evidence to prove your injuries and other damages were caused by the negligence of the other party. Brad Nakase will employ medical experts, private investigators, economists, and crash experts to strengthen your case against liability attacks and prepare an irrefutable claim to the insurance company. He is a skilled litigator who uses facts and emotion to present to the judge and jury the impact of the accident on your life.
Contact Brad Nakase Today for Your Free Consultation
The only way to get your questions answered and to calculate the value of your case is to speak to a personal injury lawyer. Brad Nakase offers free consultations so you can discuss your case and learn about your rights and the next steps. The lawyers at Nakase Accident Lawyers & Employment Attorneys have successfully recovered millions of dollars in compensation for neck injury victims. Call today on 888-600-8654 to speak to a California personal injury lawyer.
Brad Nakase, Attorney
AVVO Clients’ Choice Award 2019
Justia Highest Rating Honor 10
AVVO Highest Rated Lawyer 10
Business Trial Lawyer since 2005. Proven Results.