San Marcos Motorcycle Accident Attorney
Most motorcycle accidents are settled with insurance companies rather than through a lawsuit or trial. The parties involved often want the case closed quickly or have medical bills that need to be paid with the settlement money.
However, in complex cases, the assistance of an attorney is paramount in recovering the entitled compensation after an accident. Unfortunately, these cases are the most tragic, involving life changing injuries or death. In these cases insurance companies don’t provide the adequate compensation to cover the impact on the victim and their family’s lives.
Insurance companies are a business and their goal is to minimize the amount of compensation they have to pay so that their profit is maximized. They might act out the role of advisor when talking to you but they only have their best interests at heart, not yours. This is why it is imperative to have a personal injury lawyer specializing in motorcycle accidents in San Marcos on your side. They can negotiate with insurance companies for the compensation you deserve. At Nakase Law Firm we don’t get paid until your case has a successful resolution so you can be assured we will fight for the maximum compensation possible.
After a motorcycle accident in San Marcos, victims can be left with thousands in damages from medical bills, repairs, and lost wages. When the accident was not your fault, compensation can alleviate the financial stress and allow you to take the time necessary to fully recover.
Insurance companies will run complex calculations not just on your accident and the impact to your life, but on the type of person you are and if they believe you will fight for a fair settlement. A victim who employs an attorney will be seen as someone proactive in receiving adequate compensation and will be more likely to receive fair compensation.
Nakase Law Firm has decades of experience with motorcycle accident claims and we know all the tactics insurance agents use to try and swindle victims out of their compensation. If you live in San Marcos, and the insurance agencies are unable to provide a reasonable settlement we will file a personal injury lawsuit on your behalf and pursue your case until you are satisfied.
You are eligible for compensation for things such as
- medical bills
- lost wages
- reduced earning potential in the future
- damage to your vehicle
- pain and suffering
If your case goes to court, a judge and jury will determine the liability of both parties involved in the accident and award a percentage of your claim based on the percentage of your fault. This is called comparative negligence and is the law in California for motorcycle accident claims. The statute of limitations for a personal injury claim in San Marcos, California is two years after the motorcycle accident or when a hidden injury was first discovered. Outside of this time frame compensation cannot be pursued.
What To Do After A Motorcycle Accident
The aftermath of a motorcycle accident is a confusing time. These are the most important steps to take immediately after a motorcycle accident.
- Collect as much information as possible at the scene of the accident. This is extremely important in determining liability in an accident. Even if you believe you are responsible for the accident, a thorough documentation of the scene of the accident is important for your attorney to launch their own independent investigation. Photographic evidence will be more reliable than your or witness accounts. Take photos of the accident scene, all the vehicles involved and any damage done to them. Information about the other drivers involved, police reports, and hospital records will also be vital to build your case.
- Seek immediate medical attention even if you don’t think you are injured. Adrenaline after an accident can make it seem like you are fine but untreated injuries can have severe consequences. Also when you see a doctor immediately after an accident it is easy to prove that any injuries are as a result of the motorcycle crash. If you wait to seek medical attention it will be hard to prove.
- Contact your insurance company to notify them of the accident and open a claim. Be wary of your wording as they are looking to minimize your settlement. If they offer an amount that you deem too low, you may have legal options.
- Seek attorney advise as soon as possible. There is a two year statute of limitations for motorcycle crashes injury claims in the city of San Marcos so it is wise to start the legal process as soon as possible. Also, a San Marcos motorcycle accident lawyer will help you navigate the confusing insurance claims process and even negotiate with insurance agencies on your behalf. They will act in your best interest and ensure your rights are protected throughout the claims process. They will make sure you are not falsely accused of liability in the accident and that you receive adequate compensation based on your injuries and financial loss due to the accident.