I rode my Honda CBR in Chula Vista to various places to visit. I drove by South Bay Salt Works, Aquatica San Diego, Otay Ranch Town Center. Chula Vista is populated with cars and as a Chula Vista motorcycle accident lawyer, I identified many hazards while riding my motorcycle.
Automobile drivers are often careless when they drive. That is to say, they do not take the necessary safety precautions to avoid motorcycle accidents.
Speak with a motorcycle accident lawyer as soon as possible if you or someone you know has been injured. The road to recovery can be a long one, which is why you need an experienced Chula Vista motorcycle attorney. You need your rights protected and should get the fair payment you deserve.
Chula Vista Motorcycle Accidents Nearly Always Result in Injuries
There are many dangers when it comes to motorcycle accidents. You have less safety features on a motorcycle than you do in other automobiles. When another vehicle hits a motorcycle is hit, there are usually serious injuries sustained.
It is crucial to seek legal counsel if you believe an at-fault driver was careless. When you hire a lawyer with experience in assisting victims of motorcycle accidents, you ensure you will receive just compensation.
How a Chula Vista Motorcycle Accident Lawyer Will Help You
Your focus after a motorcycle accident should be to heal from your injuries. You will have to get immediate medical care and follow treatment advice from your doctor.
The consequence of delaying medical care right away is a likely denial of your compensation by the at-fault party. They will argue that you did not receive your injuries from the accident.
An experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Chula Vista will help ease your worries by contacting other involved parties for you. You need someone to look out for your interests and increase the possibility of getting a fair settlement.
Damages Resulting From Motorcycle Accident Lawsuits
In legal terms, the word “damages” means harm that is legally recognized. It can be visble, such as a medical bill, or invisible, like emotional suffering. If you find yourself suffering from any of the following, a Chula Vista motorcycle lawyer can help you.
- Medical treatment, either in the past or upcoming – You have the potential to get compensation for any medical care you need, either past or future.
- Wages lost or inability to earn as much – If you are unable to work because of your motorcycle accident, you can recoup wages lost. You can also receive payment for whatever income you will lose over the course of your life.
- Property damage – You can recover costs for damages to your motorcycle, gear, and personal property.
- Physical pain and emotional suffering – You have the ability to sue for any physical pain or emotional anguish you experience after a motorcycle accident.
- Inability to enjoy life – If you are unable to take part in life activities you have previously enjoyed, you can get compensated.
- Punitive damages – You may be able to receive punitive damages if the at-fault driver acted carelessly.
A motorcycle accident lawyer experienced with representing motorcyclists can help you in many ways. They can run the numbers and find out how much in damages you are entitled to receive in a lawsuit.
If you find yourself being a victim of a motorcycle collision, speak with an experienced motorcycle accident attorney as soon as possible.
Insurance Claims for Motorcycle Accidents vs. Personal Injury Lawsuits
You have two options when it comes to getting paid after a motorcycle accident.
- Enter into a settlement agreement with the at-fault driver’s insurance company.
- File a lawsuit against the at-fault driver for personal injuries.
In cases of minor crashes, you have the chance of getting compensated by an insurance company. These companies often attempt to place blame on motorcyclists. You may end up in a situation where you are not going to receive the compensation you should be receiving.
Attorneys skilled in motorcycle accident cases can help you settle by filing a personal injury lawsuit. They would file against the at-fault driver. A personal injury lawsuit may take some time to settle. However, the amount you will receive will be much higher than what an insurance company would offer.
The benefit of filing a personal injury lawsuit is that you will be fairly compensated. It can get expensive when there is a trial. It can also be a risky endeavor for an at-fault party. Because of the risk to themselves, they will usually accept a fair settlement.